The Providence Academy Word (The PAW) is the official student-produced news publication of Providence Academy’s Upper School. The PAW has been established as the designated public forum for student viewpoints to:
- Educate, inform and entertain students through accurate and factual reports where information has been thoroughly gathered, all views have been presented fairly, and information has been completely verified through named sources;
- Serve as a medium for students to express and exchange their opinions;
- Serve as a source of leadership by presenting information and intelligent opinions;
- Uphold high ethical standards of content that foster the ideals of Providence Academy as a Catholic institution;
- Serve as a hands-on learning laboratory for student journalists at Providence Academy.
Opinions and reviews are those of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views of the staff, adviser, or Providence Academy’s administration. Staff editorials communicate the majority opinion of The PAW’s editorial board, but do not necessarily reflect the opinions of all PAW staff members, the adviser, or the administration.
Mrs. B – Adviser